samedi 16 août 2014

Chewbacca's speech

Creating Voices for Chewbacca and R2-D2:

""In the year I spent recording preliminary sounds for Star Wars, I collected lots of bear sounds, as well as walruses, lions, and badgers and sick animals, and domestic animals. All sorts of things. And out of all these recordings you could extract little bits of sound, little grunts, moans, and ughs and arghs and purring sounds, whatever it might be. I collected and put all on one tape all these sounds that had emotional feelings associated with them. You play this sound and it sounded affectionate. You play this other sound and it sounded angry. In that manner, I had these categories of little sounds that each had an emotional tone associated with it. I began cutting those together to get a sense of speech out of Chewy... It's a voice which is manufactured completely out of animal sounds, principally bears." "