samedi 30 juillet 2011

Anonymat etc.

On Pseudonymity, Privacy and Responsibility on Google+

Google+ demande une inscription avec son vrai nom (en fait pour éviter le spam). D'où un débat intense sur Internet qui porte sur l'anonymat, l'autorisation de l'usage des pseudonymes, et même la notion de nom. Très intéressant à suivre.

I leave you with this question. What if I had posted this under my pseudonym? Why should that have made a difference? I would have written the same words, but ironically, I could have added some more personal and perhaps persuasive arguments which I dare not make under this account. Because I was forced to post this under my real name, I had to weaken my arguments; I had to share less of myself. Have you ever met "Kee Hinckley"? Have you met me under my other name? Does it matter? There is nothing real on the Internet; all you know about me is my words. You can look me up on Google, and still all you will know is my words. One real person wrote this post. It could have been submitted under either name. But one of them is not allowed to. Does that really make sense?

Behind every pseudonym is a real person. Deny the pseudonym and you deny the person.